Thursday, May 9, 2013

your horse is your mirror part 2

SONY DSC

to show a reflection of...

when i am confident and playful billy is my mirror, confident and playful.  our sessions blast us forward in our horsemanship when we are playing at confident and playful.  there is no better feeling than having your horse so connected that no matter what you do or where you go your horse is there, beside you, matching your energy, your foot falls, your thoughts.  it's totally invigorating.  and when we are playing this way i can see that billy appreciates the fact that i have my act together.

sometimes if billy starts to go RBE, worried and unconfident, i will match his energy and get all crazy myself.  the look on his face is priceless as he swings around and comes in, lowers his head, licks and chews and wonders what my problem is.  I'M mirroring HIM and this helps him to calm down!!!  horse psychology is fascinating...

every time i play i think about what i want my reflection to look like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment